PPP Loan Forgiveness Webinar
For those NJDA members who received PPP loan funds, attention turns to the application for forgiveness process and issues. This webinar will address the options borrowers have when applying for forgiveness, as well as the pros and cons of applying immediately for forgiveness or waiting a while before starting the application process. We'll also look at any recent developments arising as Congress considers additional relief provisions and the Administration begins implementing their own programs.
Edward Zollars, CPA, a nationally recognized speaker on the topic, will make a 1 hour presentation and 30 minutes will be allotted afterward for Q and A.
- A review of eligible payroll and non-payroll costs for forgiveness, including additional guidance on health care and retirement costs issued by the SBA.
- The various special safe harbors for avoiding or reducing the impact of the FTE reduction of forgiveness.
- The SBA's process for forgiveness applications and the appeals process available to borrowers.
- Accounting issues that arise with PPP loans, both before and after forgiveness.
- Payroll tax deferrals for employees - beginning the deferral period.
Edward K. Zollars, CPA, is a partner at the CPA firm Thomas, Zollars & Lynch, Ltd., specializing in individual and closely held business taxation. He writes and leads tax programs for Kaplan Financial Education, writes tax updates for the Current Federal Tax Developments website and presents a weekly audio and video tax update. Zollars previously served as a member of the AICPA Tax Practice Improvement Committee.
CEUs will not be available for this program